BioTeam, Inc. is a growing life sciences consulting company. We have expertise bridging Science and IT, and we have a unique way of providing complete, and forward-thinking solutions to life sciences to help accelerate scientific research. We assess, recommend, design, and implement strategies, technologies, software, and systems for our customers that are designed for the direct support of scientific research. Our client list includes but not limited to government agencies, Fortune 500 Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies as well as leading Hospitals and Research Labs across the country. For more information about BioTeam and to see examples of our work, visit www.bioteam.net.
Why You Should Join Us
- Competitive base salary with potential for a bonus
- Completely virtual organization
- Design and build state-of-the-art and innovative IT technology solutions in support of major life science organizations in the US
- Opportunity to contribute significantly to a growing mid-size company with potential for growth to a leadership role at the company
- Chance to work for a company that fosters diversity and inclusion
- 100% of your health & dental premiums for you & your family covered, effective day one
- 100% of your short-term, long-term and life insurance covered
- Employer contributes annually to 401K, effective day one
- This is a hybrid role with an expectation that you are on-site with our client in Bethesda, MD 1-2 days/weekly
As part of BioTeam’s Consulting Team, this Senior level Consultant helps develop and implement technology solutions for clients to establish BioTeam’s innovative and state-of-the-art approaches to scientific IT infrastructure through the development of platforms, architectures, and standards. By employing empathy and excellent interpersonal skills, you will help BioTeam communicate our mission of empowering science through innovation in technology to make significant impact on science. This role participates in the full life cycle of client projects, including design/requirements, coding/programming, testing, installation, documentation, and providing maintenance and support. As a Senior Consultant, you have extensive experience with Linux, specifically state-of-the-art scientific data storage and data management approaches. High Performance Computing (HPC) experience is preferred!
The ideal candidate will find deep satisfaction in solving complex problems in a highly collaborative team environment and being a part of the development of custom solutions to meet our clients’ unique needs. Our engagements result in innovative and unique solutions, to be successful you should have a deep curiosity and the desire to learn about “bleeding-edge” advances in biomedical science.
Background and Experience
- Degree in Science or Engineering fields, with a preference for a focus on Computer Science; Bachelor’s degree preferred or a combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of combined technology experience in Linux, systems administration, scientific storage, and networking; prior experience working in a research-focused IT environment and collaborating closely with scientific stakeholders is a plus
- Prior experience designing, implementing, and managing high-performance data storage and data management technologies and approaches is highly preferred
- Ability to work with vendors to discuss technology solutions, bill of materials, procurement, and installation and implementation coordination
- Any additional diverse technology experiences a plus!
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport with both external clients and internal team members
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to translate complicated processes and make them usable by non-experts
- Proactive and innovative, with ability to think ahead of problems
- Dynamic personality and flexible attitude, with cognitive thinking skills to adapt to the needs of a diverse stakeholder population
- Organizational and time management skills, exceptional follow-through, and ability to manage multiple priorities while keeping projects moving forward
- Experience and desire to work remotely with approximately 25% overnight travel
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States
BioTeam offers a highly competitive employee compensation and benefits package, including generous base salary, medical and dental plans, dental and vision plans, life and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan with employer contributions.
This job operates in an office environment, both shared and home locations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This role requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs of data center equipment approximately once per month. Otherwise, this is a sedentary role with some filing is required. This would require the ability to move files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
The Company does not seek salary history information from applicants. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.