Location: Cambridge, MA; Oxford, UK or Warsaw, PL.
Salary: TBC upon application
RowAnalytics is an exciting start-up with some first-in-world technology to analyze high dimensional data including genomic, phenotypic and clinical. We can do computations that nobody else yet can – like analyzing multiple disease factors in combination and in parallel. The world’s best standard today of hyper-combinatorial analysis is 3 factors: we’re at 17 and our software is able to identify combinations of up to 30 factors that occur in patient populations but not in controls, and we are pushing for more factors in combination. Besides having cool technology, we’re a really fun bunch that truly wants to learn from you, just as we hope to be able to teach you some of the things we’ve learned along the way. We’re headquartered in Kidlington, UK, with new offices in Copenhagen, Warsaw and Cambridge, MA.
Join us for 3 months this summer – it will be way more fun than laying on the beach all day and getting sand in your phone!
Write scripts for automated biological and clinical data analysis, generate case studies to demonstrate software performance and functionality, contribute to disease population analyses
- Designing and conducting time-limited and defined analyses of disease population and other datasets to generate use-cases to showcase and validate the software
- Contribute content and commentary for publication of blogs, articles, white papers, posters and technical publications
- Writing scripts for automated execution of pipeline analysis tasks
- Organizing data files, managing and preserving the integrity and privacy of the data
- Reviewing the output for accuracy and relevance
- Developing and executing reasonable tests with metrics for quality assurance regarding the performance and output of the analysis
- To be enrolled in a college or university program in bioinformatics, computational biology or computer science. Must have completed at least two years of program.
- Fluency with at least one scripting language, ideally Python
- Knowledge of a complex data analysis tool such as R, Matlab, Octave or SAS
- Familiarity with relational databases & SQL and/or non-SQL systems such as MongoDB/OrientDB would be an advantage
- Excellent IT skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Outstanding communication skills with confident and professional telephone manner and fluent English
- Ability to prioritize and use own initiative
- Flexible approach to working
- Personal integrity and discretion
We will complete right to work employment checks as part of the recruitment process and you will therefore need to satisfy basic eligibility criteria/certain conditions of employment (e.g. nationality rules/right to work); and provide appropriate original documentation to verify ID, nationality, employment and/or academic history.
RowAnalytics is committed to equal opportunities.
Applications should be made to [email protected] by 1st March 2018