Phase Genomics, a growing Seattle-based startup developing cutting edge genome and microbiome discovery tools, is seeking an Account Manager to close inbound sales leads, perform project management functions, and support the VP of Operations. This team member will be responsible for managing and growing customer accounts, keeping CRM and operational systems updated and accurate, and resolving customer inquiries. Future growth into more senior sales or operational roles is expected as the company scales. If you are a strong communicator, self-directed, organized, a problem solver, and can learn quickly in a highly technical environment, you will likely thrive in this position.
Join our commercial team as an Account Manager! This job will entail the following:
- Answer inbound product and customer service requests, including preparing and processing quotes accurately and quickly.
- Route qualified opportunities and technical questions to the appropriate team member for further development or closure.
- Maintain the CRM and project management system, ensuring it accurately reflects all aspects of outstanding and closed projects.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Sales teams to create and adopt optimal strategies.
- Use prioritization and multi-tasking skills to leverage internal resources effectively.
Manage administrative aspects of customer accounts. This may include the following tasks:
- Communicating project progress with customers
- Handling vendor registrations and billing issues
- Following up with outstanding quotes
- Scheduling of meetings with the appropriate stakeholders
- General administrative tasks
- B.S. in a life sciences field. Masters preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in sales, customer service, or operational roles
- Excellent organization skills
- Willingness to wear multiple hats and work in a fast-paced startup environment